Monday 8 February 2010

One of these good problems...

I was delighted to find out, just yesterday evening, that I won a prize in the winter contest over at Two to Write.

Two to Write is Pamela and Crytal MacLean's awesome writing blog. The two sisters live in South Carolina and have been inventing stories together since they were children. Two to Write is a regularly updated collection of their fiction including several short stories and novellas, mainly in the supernatural and fantasy genre and I highly recommend that you go and read some of it, because it's quite good.

It made me happy to have won a prize in my friends' contest, but it truly made my day when I found out what the prize was! In addition to a cute totebag, snow globe and custom graphic, I won a critique by the sisters on 3000 words of my writing!

This feels like an awesome learning opportunity to me, but it's also scary because I don't really have anything that's ready to be shown to anyone yet. This really sums up what the issue is with my writing: I need to do more of it, more consistently.

So I'll try and solve my good problem with some serious dedication in the coming weeks, so that I can have something to show Pam and Crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment