Monday 15 February 2010

Not in the greatest of moods right now...

In this post, I originally intended to reveal my grand plans for this blog. Namely, I wanted to let the world know how often to expect an update (that'd be three times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, folks!) and what each update would be about (one on writing, one on reading and one on whatever else takes my fancy). I also wanted to add in fancy details, like what section would be reserved for each day and what they would all be titled - the only problem being that I have no idea.

I'm still quite lost about how to organise this, so I'm taking this week as my figuring out time and I'll probably update this coming week-end or next Monday about it. In the meantime, look forward to regular updates on Wednesday and Friday.

Of course, it doesn't help that I've just started re-reading my Nano 09 novel this week-end. In case you've never done Nanowrimo before, let me just say that one generally doesn't remember much of the actual writing on their novel when they pick it up several months later. In my personal experience, it means that you can be amazed or appalled by what you find on the page.

This year's novel fell more in category number two for me. At some point I just had to stop reading a certain bit of the novel, cause it was just so boring and non-sensical I wanted to cry. Not all of the novel is dreadful, some bits are actually okay, but some bits I hate.

The main problem with this novel is that I changed stories half-way through. It's the same family, but not the same storyline, which means that even though I only want to keep one of the storylines, I need to add a good 40,000 words more for it to reach novel length. Do I want to do that? I really don't know right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment