Monday 21 December 2009

Writing - Kind of failing at it

Well, I had gotten off to a good start and had written for an hour on Days 1 and 2 of this Project. I could go into the reasons and excuses that I used to justify myself to myself for not writing on Days 3, 4 and 5 - including tiredness, heaps of cookies, snow and a long delayed plane, lack of batteries or a French/Brit converter plug (you'd think I had one of these by now, heh?) - but the result is still the same:
I was good for 2 days and lazy for 3, which I believe is actually not that bad compared to my usual ratio of Lazy vs Anything else.
Now, on the two days that I wrote this past week (let's call it Week 0), I did work on my space pirates novel, Stars Shine Brighter. I started up again, from scratch, with the idea to write on it regularly and finish it in 2010, preferably before June so I can order it on createspace.com, using my Nano winner voucher for free paperback copy.
I absolutely love this story and I have to say, felt so, so good on the two days that I wrote on it, and just now reading what I did on my last session again. I imagined it would be such a difficult trudge - and it is, when I have no idea what to write next - but for now, writing Stars Shine Brighter makes me happy and I'll try to cling to this idea when I feel uninspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment