Saturday 23 April 2011

Pagecount woes and rewarding myself

According to Scrivener, I reached 40 pages yesterday night, which should mean I have eight days left to write 60 pages. That's a lot, sure, but it's doable. There is of course, a BUT here. Quite a massive one. It seems Scrivener and Adobe Reader disagree on what a page is. So while Scrivener tells me I have 40 pages, OpenOffice says I have 41, and Adobe Reader has decided, arbitrarily, that I only have 36!

Gasp. Disbelief. Annoyance. Determination. At least I know now that I need to write an extra page to every ten pages, as 11 Scrivener pages roughly equal 10 pages once compiled as PDF. I would have been terrified if I had realised the discrepancy on the last day, thinking that I was almost there and then suddenly finding myself with ten extra pages to write.

So, off to write 70 pages in 8 days. WHIMPER. WHINE.

On the bright side, I have decided on a set of rewards. Mainly, they include:
- Easter chocolate!
- Cooking shows on iPlayer!
- New series of Doctor Who tonight!

I have decided to take another Holly Lisle course. I will elaborate on this in a further post, as I really should be writing my script now.

No comments:

Post a Comment